|Title:||Controller - Kansas City, Missouri|
Woodley Building Maintenance is seeking experienced Controller to join our team! To apply please visit our company website at www.wbmservices.com and click on “Join the team” in the upper right-hand corner.
Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
The Controller will plan and direct the accounting operations of Woodley Building Maintenance.
- Oversees the operations of the Accounting Department, which include accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, and payroll.
- Oversees training programs and identifies training needs.
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Oversees the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
- Recommends benchmarks that will be used to measure the WBM performance.
- Produces the annual budget and forecasts; reports significant budget differences to management.
- Provides financial analysis, with emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Works with external auditors and provides needed information for the annual audit.
- Files quarterly and annual reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Business Administration required.
- Five years or more of related experience required.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.
About Woodley Building Maintenance:
We're Woodley Building Maintenance (WBM), one of the Midwest’s leading custodial service companies, keeps client facilities confidently clean with a range of interior and exterior services, across a broad spectrum of industries. Employees are the lifeblood of our organization and with this in mind Woodley Building Maintenance has gone to great lengths to have a diverse team in the building services industry with the depth and breadth of talent to allow us to deliver service excellence consistently. Our passionate leadership and management team is experienced, tenured, and knowledgeable about all areas pertaining to building maintenance, and is focused on providing direction and support needed to sustain a customer-focused culture. Woodley Business Maintenance gives you the unique opportunity to grow as a person. We provide a one-stop building maintenance solutions, which means we have many hats to wear, so to speak. Interested in wearing one of those hats? We would love to connect.
Woodley Building Maintenance (WBM) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. WBM complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
WBM expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of WBM employees to perform their expected job duties is not tolerated.