|Title:||Cleaner - Kansas City, MO|
- Full-Time and Part-Time work available with varying and flexible hours
- Location: Kansas City, MO
- Pay: $10.00 - $11.00 an hour (depending on location and job duties)
- Must be able to pass a background check
Performs janitorial custodial work in offices, warehouses, industrial areas, and other building interiors. Works within a team or individually to accomplish goals. Accountable for the overall cleaning, general maintenance, and communication of facility needs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Sweeps, vacuums, mops, scrubs, waxes and polishes floors using industrial vacuum cleaners and scrubbing and buffing machines.
2. Sometimes using ladders, dusts and washes walls, cleans ceilings and dusts and polishes light fixtures. Washes blinds and windows, may replace blinds.
3. Sanitize and detail bathroom fixtures and mirrors.
4. Remove debris and other trash from the facility.
5. Moves cabinets, boxes, furniture, crates and equipment to clean areas. May remove stains from such surfaces as rugs, drapes, walls, and floors using chemicals and cleaning solutions.
6. May also sweep walks, rake leaves, cut grass, remove snow or perform other incidental seasonal tasks.
High Ethical Standards
The cleaner performs their work in a variety of building settings; office, warehouse, theater, hospital, government, manufacturing facility, and other general public and private common areas. The cleaner may come in contact with various contaminants; allergens, chemicals, viruses, bodily fluids and such. Appropriate personal protective equipment shall be provided and utilized to the fullest.
Walks, sits, stands, bends, lifts, twists, and moves continually during working hours. Is subject to lifting / carrying over 35 lbs. Backpack vacuums are utilized and weigh approximately 12 lbs. full.
This position may be required to travel 0-20% of the time for the purposes of the care of multiple buildings.
Required Education & Experience
Preferred Education & Experience
1 year cleaning experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must pass criminal background check.
Must pass initial and random drug screening.
Traveling Cleaners are required to possess a valid driver’s license and current insurance.
Woodley Building Maintenance (WBM) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. WBM complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
WBM expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of WBM employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.