|Title:||Accounts Payable/Billing Specialist - Kansas City, MO|
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Location: 8601 East 63rd St, Kansas City, MO 64133
Accounts Payable/Billing Specialist Job Summary:
The Accounts Payable/Billing specialist performs job duties that ensure vendors get paid for services and products rendered. In this role, you will be responsible for monitoring the outflow of capital for Woodley Building Maintenance.
Reports To: Controller
- Receives and verifies expense reports; reconciles expense and other financial reports with account balances and other office records.
- Facilitates payment of vendors, reviewing review and process invoices for payment, audit credit card bills, answer vendor inquiries, reconcile vendor statements, process, and maintain 1099 statements, and process and distribute checks to vendors and resolving discrepancies.
- Ensures outstanding obligations are credited upon payment, identifies discount opportunities, and issues purchase order amendments or stop-payment orders as needed.
- Assists with accounting records and ledgers by reconciling monthly statements and transactions.
- Records entry of, verifies documentation for, and distributes petty cash.
- Calculates and reports sales tax based on paid invoices.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Provides supports the accounts receivable function by helping create specialized billing invoices for our customers.
- Must be reliable and extremely trustworthy.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related programs.
- Must be able to learn other accounting software systems.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidential and meticulous records.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required.
- 2-3 years’ experience in A/P environment.